Leen van Wijngaarden Prize
The Leen van Wijngaarden Prize for Excellence in Fluid Mechanics
(founder prof.dr.ir. Lambertus Hesselink)
To create a prize in honor of Leen van Wijngaarden for his lifelong devotion to educating students and excellence/world leadership in Fluid Mechanics research.
Leen van Wijngaarden Prize for the best contribution to Fluid Mechanics in The Netherlands for a researcher less than 40 years of age of one of the groups of the J.M. Burgers Center.
a. Awarded every four years at the birthday of Professor Burgers, January 13 during the annual day of the J.M. Burgerscentrum
b. Prize $10,000
1. Prof.dr.ir L. Hesselink (chairman)
2. Prof.dr.ir. L. van Wijngaarden
3. Prof.dr. M.G. Worster (editor of Journal of Fluid Mechanics)
4. Prof.dr.ir. G. Lodewijks (Chairman of the Board of the J.M. Burgers Center)
5. Prof.dr.ir. G. Ooms (Scientific director of the J.M. Burgers Center)
The J.M. Burgers Center will manage and distribute the prize every four years
First winner of the LvW prize 2012 - Gerrit Elsinga | TUD
To read his lecture click here.